Fire Tech Camp is an exciting and rapidly growing tech education business, offering opportunities to work with young people and inspire the next generation of programmers, entrepreneurs and makers. Take a look at our current opportunities and help us make the future.
We are recruiting Camp Instructors for holiday camps, afterschool courses and weekend activities throughout the UK.
Camp Instructors will ideally be current or recent university students studying computing, software engineering, or other engineering topics at a top university. Experience attending or working in a summer camp environment is a plus, as are foreign languages and First Aid training.
You will be expected to attend 1-2 days of training prior to their camp sessions, and must obtain a DBS check in order to work with children. You need to be available to work during different holiday schedules, or weekends and afternoons during the year. You will follow the curricula provided and make sure that their campers are attaining their educational goals. In addition you will be able to manage behaviour issues and lead games and activities outside the classroom. You need to be punctual, responsible, positive and enthusiastic. Click below for more info, to contact us, or to complete an application form.
Please complete our online application and get in touch with email@example.com for a complete job description or further information.
We are looking for Lead Instructors who can manage camps, instructors and provide back-up in terms of both content and behaviour management issues.
Lead Instructors are ideally experienced and enthusiastic teachers with some content knowledge in topics that we teach. The Lead Instructor manages the camp site, and makes sure that all of the children are being challenged, kept safe, and are having a great experience. The Lead Instructor will manage the team of tutors, providing feedback and helping them improve and inspire every day. Lead teachers also work with our families to be sure that they get good information and feedback.
We have opportunities for Lead Instructors to work throughout the summer in London, Manchester, Bristol, Reading, Cambridge and in our residential camps. We have opportunities for Saturday and afterschool work. There are some opportunities for international travel for our Lead Instructors.
Marketing Intern (Paid)
We are looking for a marketing intern to support the marketing manager and technical director in community management and content marketing. The intern will be a core member of our small, but growing, team and will be given the opportunity to learn how to build a business, develop strong technical and marketing skills.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager to increase awareness of the Fire Tech brand and increase student registration.
- Manage the content calendar by creating and scheduling relevant content and messaging across all social channels ( FB, Twitter, Insta, Blog & Linkedin)
- Monitor online presence, SEO, link and content building
- Develop relationships with blogs and improve PR
- Supporting website maintenance – updating content, monitoring Google Analytics, running A/B testing.
- Work with Media Production Intern to edit/create imagery/video
- Keep up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in digital marketing
- Strong social media skills and understanding of social media analytics.
- Strong written communication skills. (Show us a sample of a blog post, or other writing that shows us you understand how to write compelling copy!)
- Good visual design skills, able to use Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
- Impact-driven and comfortable with both quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Passionate about the digital world, tech and innovation.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Solution driven – continually seeks new ways to learn and improve.
- Experience with HTML, CSS and WordPress advantageous
- Completed a Marketing, Digital Media or PR module at University
- Must be eligible to work in the UK via a student visa or EU citizenship
- Contract for 3-6 months /2-3 days per week (with possibility of extension)
Please email cv and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
After School Programme Coordinator
Fire Tech Camp is looking for an administrator and leader for our term-time offerings, including after-school clubs, Saturday clubs, and special weekday workshops. You will be responsible for promoting, staffing and running clubs in schools during the week and on Saturdays. Candidates must be enthusiastic, honest, reliable, hardworking and most importantly willing to have fun and enjoy working with children. You will be supported with appropriate curriculum and must also bring prior content knowledge to the role.
While the key responsibilities will be for our clubs and course for children, we do expect to be expanding into other workshops for schools and adults.
This role will require some content knowledge and ability to teach clubs when required – training in curricula will be provided.
- Liaising with school contacts and venues for smooth operation of clubs
- Vetting, timetabling and managing appropriate instructors for clubs
- Organise classroom materials, memberships and licenses required
- Availability to do quality assurance checks during club times
- Ordering and preparing all materials in time for the clubs in accordance with the Operations Manual
- Be available by phone at all times during clubs for calls from management, instructors, parents or staff
- Liaising with school or venue for issues relating to executing the club
- Familiarity with technology required
- Maintain communication with group Operations Manager daily/weekly via email, phone, teleconference
- Teach clubs when required.
- Formal or informal teaching experience
- “Can do” attitude to meet and exceed parents’ expectations with best service possible
- Experience working in event management and/or with children and parents
- Experience working with projectors, laptops
- Excellent communications skills with co‐workers, children and parents
- Knowledge of relevant software and hardware platforms
- Passion for detail
- Sense of humour
- Do Whatever It Takes attitude
- A computing background is preferable to help facilitate content delivery (example some knowledge of coding (Java/Python) would be helpful)
- Tuesday – Friday: running of After school clubs
- Friday: Set up and preparation for Saturday clubs
- Saturday: Supervision and sometimes running of Saturday club
- Time for feedback to/from instructors and liaisons after clubs
- Possible involvement in local / national workshops on weekends or other school holidays – on request
- You may also be required to deliver content in workshops when required.
Locations and Dates
School clubs run during term time around London, and Saturday clubs in our West London venue.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter outlining why you would like to work for Fire Tech and why you are the perfect candidate to email@example.com