Fire Tech Camp is an exciting and rapidly growing tech education business, offering opportunities to work with young people and inspire the next generation of programmers, entrepreneurs and makers. Take a look at our current opportunities and help us make the future.
Camp Tutor, various locations
We are recruiting Camp Instructors for holiday camps, afterschool courses and weekend activities throughout the UK.
Camp Instructors will ideally be current or recent university students studying computing, software engineering, or other engineering topics at a top university. Experience attending or working in a summer camp environment is a plus, as are foreign languages and First Aid training.
You will be expected to attend 1-2 days of training prior to their camp sessions, and must obtain a DBS check in order to work with children. You need to be available to work during different holiday schedules, or weekends and afternoons during the year. You will follow & teach the curricula provided and make sure that their campers are attaining their educational goals. In addition you will be able to manage behaviour issues and lead games and activities outside the classroom. You need to be punctual, responsible, positive and enthusiastic. Earn up to £475 per week.
Please complete our online application and get in touch with email@example.com for a complete job description or further information.
Lead Instructor, various locations
We are looking for Lead Instructors who can manage camps, instructors and provide back-up in terms of both content and behaviour management issues.
Lead Instructors are ideally experienced and enthusiastic teachers with some content knowledge in topics that we teach. The Lead Instructor manages the camp site, and makes sure that all of the children are being challenged, kept safe, and are having a great experience. The Lead Instructor will manage the team of tutors, providing feedback and helping them improve and inspire every day. Lead teachers also work with our families to be sure that they get good information and feedback.
We have opportunities for Lead Instructors to work throughout the summer in London, Manchester, Bristol, Reading, Cambridge and in our residential camps. We have opportunities for Saturday and afterschool work. There are some opportunities for international travel for our Lead Instructors.
Product Manager, London
Fire Tech seeks a Product Manager to play a central role in developing, testing and monitoring our online and offline product development and refinement. Fire Tech is dedicated to filling the technology skills gap by inspiring and training future technology leaders. We are looking for a Product Manager who possesses both strong skills in UX, with an eye for design and an understanding of the software development process, along with experience and interest in testing and developing offline educational products. Reporting to the CEO and working in close collaboration with the Director of Technology and Head of Learning, this individual will play a crucial role as we roll out new products, locations, and platforms. Moreover, as one of our teams key early hires, the Product Manager will be instrumental in influencing Fire Tech’s future direction as we expand. www.firetechcamp.com
- Own end-to-end research, design and development of Fire Tech’s online and offline programmes and tools.
- Work with cross-functional team (HR, Operations, Development, Curriculum, Marketing) to ensure strong product design, rollout and execution
- Drive structured research, primary and secondary, to explore new products that will appeal to our target audience.
- Research and identify target audience’s needs and define the requirements for products that will maximize learner impact.
- Identify the product requirements of the operations team in order to provide the best tools for successfully delivering courses.
- Develop assessment tools that will enable the business to evaluate the success of each product.
- Bachelor’s degree required, advanced degree an advantage
- At least two years product management experience for online products plus some offline product experience
- Experience with both B2C and B2B online product management.
- Experience collaborating with marketing and technical teams
- Strong project management skills
- Passion for our mission of creating engaging, community-focused learning experiences.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience. Please send CV, cover letter, and recent salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the cover letter, could you please complete the following task: Could you please have a look at our product mix on www.firetechcamp.com/courses and give us a few suggestions for products you feel we need to add, and how you would look at new locations or offerings. In another paragraph, could you tell us your thoughts on how to make a learning platform (focused on teens) engaging and how to get the students coming back to use the site regularly
French Country Manager, Paris
This is an entrepreneurial role to bring our successful UK business to France. A successful French Country Manager will be able to get the business up and running, make one or two key hires, find initial clients, and bring our first French events to life.
- Support administrative set up of the French entity
- Identify appropriate and aspirational venues for the camps and clubs
- Source excellent tutors and validate pay models
- Create excitement in the press and the market for the new courses and concepts. Liaise with the tech ecosystem, professional parents and schools.
- Support translation and localisation of the French website.
- Execute pilot camps
- Passion for technology, innovation, and progressive education
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent investigative and problem solving skills
- Experience with definition and measurement of KPIs
- Experience working in events management and/or working with young people
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing team performance and major projects or initiatives
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excels at operating in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
- Ability to research problems and “ask the right questions” to figure out when/whether something isn’t working
- Ability to get to grips with the curricula and the hardware required for events.
- Undergraduate required. BAFA an advantage.
- Strong English, native French
Please get in touch for more information.
Director of Operations, London
Fire Tech seeks a Director of Operations, UK, to play a central role in launching and leading our tech education programmes for kids 9-17 years old. Fire Tech is dedicated to filling the technology skills gap by inspiring and training future technology leaders. We are looking for a Director of Operations who possesses both exceptional operational skills and interpersonal abilities. Reporting to the CEO and working in close collaboration with the Head of Learning and Head of HR this individual will play a pivotal role in establishing the operations and best practices in the UK region. Moreover, as one of our teams key early hires, the Director of Operations, will be instrumental in influencing Fire Tech’s future direction as we expand globally. www.firetechcamp.com
Program implementation, supervision and tracking. Manage the seasonal roll out of all courses across the UK and ensure that the programmatic model is implemented with operational excellence. Collaborate with marketing, web development, curriculum development and hr to ensure the successful rollout of all programmes.
Resource management – ensure that courses have the hardware, software and other materials to successfully run each course. Work with HR to ensure accurate scheduling of tutors and other related support staff required for the programme calendar.
Evaluation. Play a key role in implementing systems to assess the impact of the program and a plan for evaluating and tracking success against those metrics.
Facilities procurement. Research, identify and manage rental contracts for facilities to host Fire Tech programming in all UK markets. Develop and maintain relationships with participating schools.
Budget management. Manage the annual budget and play a key role in developing the annual budget.
Start-up troubleshooting. Serve as the hub of a continuously evolving set of programmatic operations, staff infrastructure, and network of partners. Be the “glue” that holds various parts of Fire Tech together during this critical growth stage.
- Belief in Fire Tech’s mission and a passion for helping kids explore and pursue their interest in technology.
- Exceptional operational and organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work efficiently and intensely while juggling multiple priorities in an entrepreneurial environment.
- 5 + years working in an operational role, preferably in an educational setting.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree preferred.
Please get in touch to discuss this role in more detail.
Regional Manager, North of England, Manchester
Fire Tech is dedicated to preparing the next generation of the UK’s innovators. Fire Tech’s Regional Manager will be responsible for launching, marketing and executing Fire Tech programmes in the North of England from Liverpool, to Manchester, to York. They will be responsible for developing relationships with families and schools and identifying aspirational locations, as well as ensuring that camps are compliant with best practices (and all legal requirements) around working with children. The Regional Manager will also be responsible for liaising with universities to source tutor candidates, the vetting and training of tutors, and ensuring that course content is delivered to the highest standard. This role is most suited to someone motivated as an entrepreneur, with growth opportunities in line with success in our Northern roll out.
- Identify and liaise with appropriate schools and aspirational venues for After School Clubs, Saturday & Holiday Camp sessions
- Launch and execute After School Clubs, Saturday and Holiday camps in accordance with KPIs in the North England region
- Make families and networks aware of the exciting Fire Tech opportunities in the North of England
- Recruit and train and support tutors to deliver our programmes
- Maintain administrative aspects the North England subsidiary
- “Can do” attitude to meet and exceed parents’ expectations with best service possible
- Experience working in event management and/or with children and parents desirable
- Not necessary to be experienced with coding but needs to be able to get to grips with the curricula as well as troubleshoot any issues with equipment during events.
- Excellent communications skills with co-workers, children and parents
- Impeccable attention to detail
Please get in touch for more detail.
Junior System Admin + Tech Support, London
Reporting to the Director of Technology you will be involved in the development and maintenance of the company’s IT tools, infrastructure and website(s). You will be expected to support the company with technical issues and provide IT solutions to make the company more efficient/productive.
The role is made up of several parts requiring different but complimentary skills.
- support internal users with software and hardware issues
- periodical update laptops images and regularly re-image the machines
- support hardware and software setup on external sites during camps
In the support role you are expected to assist the team with their IT needs. This will be mostly responsive – helping when there are faults with their computers, software, network, devices. There will also be more pro-active tasks like re-imaging the computers ahead of our next camp/event.
Experience with AWS and LAMP stack or equivalent an advantage although training will be provided.
- setup and manage web infrastructure on AWS, including:
-load balancers (ELB)
-web servers (LEMP stack)
-caching servers (Redis/Memcached)
-database servers (MySQL/MariaDB on RDS)
-manage automatic infrastructure scaling
-manage and respond to alerts
- Linux administration (system hardening, patching)
- automate daily tasks (Bash/Python scripting, Ansible)
- design, implement and manage deployment workflow
- automate and test backups and restoration process
- security-wise log reviewing and adapt configuration
- analyse performance and bottlenecks
You will be tasked with researching various topics. It may be finding the best hardware/software/service to use for a particular task where a solution has already been decided or it may be that you must research what solution would best meet a particular customer or business need. Other research may be more closely related to development and finding the best module, framework or other useful information to help develop a feature for the website. You will need to be able to present your findings to the Director of Technology so they can make an informed decision on your and other team members research.
- website features and functions implementation (PHP)
- front-end development (HTML/CSS/JS)
- code optimizing, finding bottlenecks
- new features testing
- working with Git
While not the primary focus of your role it will greatly help the team if you are able to support with development too. When in development role you may be tasked with creating new features or even aid in creating entire new sites. This will require coding skills and so these must be developed in order to deliver a well made feature/product. You will not be expected to lead development and only be assigned tasks you are capable of.Reporting and documentation
You will be asked to create reports or document processes. This requires clarity in your written communication. The reports would often result in you creating tasks for yourself to act on such reports. E.g. creating a report of how many laptops/computers we need for an event and then researching which computers are suitable and most cost effective to get and from which supplier for the volume we need.
Documentation will be a big part of the role to ensure responsibilities passed onto you from the Director of Technology are understood and we have a permanent reference. This is also vital for any new processes, systems, tools you develop.
You will be expected to perform any other duties the company feels necessary from system admin tasks like maintaining/optimising the web servers, to answering the phones, to helping develop new curriculum.
Training will be provided as needed in order to fulfill your duties as they grow over time.
These will initially include training on the specific custom systems we use such as our custom wordpress modules, crm and AWS setup as well as more general training on how to fit in with our workflow such as Agile/Scrum development, git version control.
Training will take the form of books, online video training courses, 1:1 training with the Director of Technology or external training as deemed necessary by your manager such as AWS associate certification course.
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience (range of £19-24K). Please email your CV and a Cover letter detailing why you are suitable for the role to email@example.com