16 game-changing ventures to join the third Unreasonable FUTURE initiative, a collaboration between Fossil Foundation, Pearson, Accenture, and Unreasonable that ensures future generations thrive in the new economy.
Fire Tech has been selected to join 15 other groundbreaking growth-stage ventures for the 2021 Unreasonable FUTURE program.
Unreasonable FUTURE, is a unique multi-year initiative that brings together disruptive innovators and entrepreneurs to design a future in which people and technology work side-by-side to solve workplace challenges and unlock human potential everywhere.
After a rigorous selection process involving hundreds of world-class companies, Fire Tech’s CEO & Founder Jill Hodges has been selected for their revolutionary approach to join 15 other leading ventures from across the globe for the Unreasonable FUTURE program, which aims to accelerate the growth of their companies. This new cohort will join an ecosystem of the world’s most impactful high-growth ventures, leveraging key technologies to solve societal challenges alongside hundreds of mentors, experts, and investors.
“Fire Tech’s mission is to give young people the tools and inspiration to become the tech creators, makers, and leaders of the future. We have delivered over 80,000 learning experiences and taught over 1 million hours of tech learning to young people aged 8-17 across the world.”
Cumulatively, this year’s cohort of 16 ventures has generated more than USD $422.8 million in revenue and is operating in 180 countries. More than 50% of the cohort is female-led, and 60% is BIPOC-owned.
“At the Fossil Foundation, we are on a mission to unleash the power of underserved youth. Now more than ever, we know that young people must have access to the tools to thrive in a life of their own design,” said Kara DeVita, Executive Director of Fossil Foundation. “Unreasonable FUTURE creates an opportunity for young people to not just prepare for the work of today and tomorrow, but to reimagine what it will be. We are proud to support Unreasonable FUTURE as we work to positively impact five million young lives by 2025.”
“It is more important than ever to provide people with access to learning and professional development opportunities throughout their lives and no matter where they live,” said Pedro Vasconcellos, Vice President of Ventures, Strategic Investments & Partnerships at Pearson. “Pearson is working hard to bring the power of learning to people around the world, and we are proud to support Unreasonable FUTURE and the incredible entrepreneurs who share this critical goal.”
“Since the Unreasonable FUTURE movement began three years ago, the world has experienced remarkable social, technological and economic disruption,” said Ryan Shanks, Managing Director, Accenture’s The Dock. “Our mission to identify innovations that facilitate just transitions, and an inclusive future of work has never been more important. Unreasonable FUTURE has shown the powerful impact that business of all sizes can have on communities and industries. But there is so much more to do. As an employer of over half a million people around the world and an innovation and transformation partner for our clients, Accenture is committed to co-innovating with the Unreasonable community and our clients to design and build an inclusive future of work where all can thrive.”
“The global pandemic has accelerated existing trends in the future of work, from the move toward a more distributed workforce, the emphasis on ensuring a healthy work-life balance for all, to e-commerce and automation. With up to 25% more workers than previously estimated potentially needing to switch occupations now more than ever, we see the need for innovating and building truly inclusive and diverse workplaces,” Daniel Epstein, Founder and CEO of Unreasonable said. “Unreasonable FUTURE is supporting the ventures that are disrupting and enabling the future of work and social equity to a new level. We’re ecstatic and grateful to welcome the 16 new ventures, as they add to the impact and diversity of our partnership, and ultimately, position us for a better, more equitable future.”
The participating companies in the 2021 Unreasonable FUTURE program include:
- Applied: Using AI and skills-based hiring to remove bias so teams can hire the best candidates
- Be-novative: Providing a virtual workshop facilitation platform to promote collective problem-solving and diversity of ideas
- Career Masterclass: Providing practical and tangible insights and tools for lifelong career growth for professionals by professionals
- Class Teacher Learning Systems: Providing students and educators technology to enable more effective learning outcomes
- EduBridge: Building tomorrow’s workforce through employment-focused vocational training
- Fire Tech: Empowering a global community of young tech creators, coders, and leaders
- LabourNet: Improving worker skills and productivity in the informal sector through its vocational training programs, reskilling over 700,000 people in India
- Learnerbly: Democratising access to workplace learning
- Lifeed: Transforming life experiences into business skills to shape a world of work where everyone can fulfill their potential
- MyVillage: Building a childcare system that works with a community of high-quality in-home childcare programs
- Odetta: Delegating and outsourcing enterprises’ recurring tasks to a digital army of female, top talent around the world
- OnlineMedEd: Making adult learning as efficient and effective as possible for medical students and health professionals
- OpenClassrooms: Revolutionizing learning with skills-based, mentored degree programs targeted to in-demand professions
- To The Market: Powering the ethical supply chain with safe, dignified, fairly paid work
- Upswing: Proactively engaging non-traditional students through a virtual assistant and student services platform
- Zindi: Upskilling the data science ecosystem in Africa to solve the region’s most pressing problems
Since the global launch of the program in 2019, the Unreasonable FUTURE community, made up of 30 ventures, has collectively raised $275 million in funding and generated $695 million in revenue. They’ve positively impacted the lives of 17M people, and has created 280,000 new jobs globally. Other notable impact includes:
- Provided more than 6M individuals access to learning skills towards employment and decent work, and provided more than 300,000 young people with access to employment, education and training
- Provided more than 3M individuals access to sexual and reproductive healthcare services
- Provided more than 1.5M individuals access to new economic resources
- Provided more than 1.2M individuals access to information, technology and/or the internet.
To learn more about the Fellows and their ventures, please register for the virtual showcase by visiting https://unreasonable.app/+future21-showcase
For more information, visit https://unreasonablefuture.com/