Fire Tech has received an EdWard, in recognition of completing UCL’s ‘Educate’ programme, the UK’s leading research accelerator programme for education technology.
As part of the Educate programme, Fire Tech completed an impact study noting what we had achieved. The study asked Fire Tech’s customers what impact a Fire Tech course had on their children. You can read the full report here.
The report indicated the significant impact that Fire Tech’s courses have on indicators like young person’s confidence with new technologies, their propensity to use tech skills after the course, and their appetite for risk-taking – closely linked with a desire to create.
Some of the highlights include
- 8 out of 10 (76.2%) students said that their confidence in learning new technologies increased after attending a Fire Tech course.
- 9 out of 10 (92.9%) students used the skills they learned at Fire Tech after completing their course.
- 8 out of 10 (76%) students said that their interest in technology increased after attending Fire Tech.
- 7 our of 10 students said that after attending a Fire Tech course, they are now more frequently willing to try things that might fail.
- 7 out of 10 students became more interested in STEM-related careers after attending Fire Tech.
We are delighted that the rigour and impact of our work has been recognised by the Educate programme, reflecting on ongoing commitment to preparing young people across the UK with the skills to help them flourish at school and into the future.