"My experience with Fire Tech was amazing, I am so happy that I signed up for it. Now I can code, animate, make video games and make mobile apps!"Kamran, Junior Coder
Learn design and 3D modelling in a minecraft world. World Building with Minecraft lets you build complex worlds and structures with your new skills.
World Building with Minecraft allows fans of all ages to exercise their creative powers, making exciting worlds and populating them with all sorts of wonderful creatures and objects.
Don’t worry if you’ve not yet stepped into the Minecraft community, this workshop is open to both experienced fans and first-time gamers.
For parents who want to understand more about some of the educational and social benefits of Minecraft, there are plenty of discussions and articles on the Internet, such as this New York Times article.
What students will learn
- Be comfortable and confident navigating within a 3D design space (using X, Y and Z axes).
- Produce a Minecraft world from scratch using a range of freely-available, cross-platform tools.
- Confidently create objects, combine shapes and paint with 2D and 3D brushes and tools.
- Import 3D schematic files into MCEdit.
- Create original adventure maps with WorldPainter.
- Test, share and play their worlds in Minecraft.
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.