"Before camp, I was nervous because I wasn't sure what to expect, but the groups are small and that's helpful. And the tutors are extremely helpful"Irene, Teen Student
Creative Design - Virtual Work Experiencereset
In this course picker times will be displayed in timezone chosen above but all times shown elsewhere will reflect the UK Times these events take place.
Creative Design – Virtual Work Experience
Discover what it’s like to work for a creative design studio, tackling realistic, industry-specific projects and working directly online with your own human “boss”. Finish with a complete skills report and a virtual work experience reference.
Real live human boss
Your new boss will mentor you through the programme, ensuring you have a great experience and reach your personal goals
Tackle projects that are approved by the creative design industry. These are realistic representations of some of the awesome tasks people in the creative design industry get to work on every day.
Work in different fields
Discover the range of disciplines that lie behind the creative design process, using the industry standard set of tools and processes
My daughter has only worked on Apple Mac and iPads and not on Windows based PCs. Is this an issue?
Discover what it’s like to work for a creative design studio, tackling realistic, industry-approved projects and working directly online with your own human “boss”. Finish with a complete skills report and a virtual work experience reference.
The gap between what young people need to be able to deliver in the world of work, and what they are taught at school is growing wider, especially around digital skills. At the same time it is becoming more difficult for companies – and in particular tech companies which are increasingly the engine of our economy – to host work experiences.
We are working with our network of experts to offer virtual work experiences to young people, providing an accurate experience of what it is like to join a company in a variety of cutting edge tech industries. On our Virtual Work Experience programme, you will experience the tools, projects, and feedback that you would get as an entry level worker in a tech-focused business.
Here’s how Virtual Work Experience works…
1. Friendly induction
- Meet your real live human boss online
- Learn how Virtual Work Experience works
- Select your first, industry-specific, tech projects
- When: 30 minutes, at a time to suit
2. Real tech projects
- Project briefs based on real tech industry requirements
- Resources and work tools exactly as used by the industry
- Work at your own pace, typically 4-6 hours a week for 5 weeks
- Access to the dedicated FireTech training suite on LearnWorlds as required
- Like to try something else? Change “jobs” at any point
3. Regular online team meetings
- Get lots of brilliant help and support
- Celebrate your successes
- Ongoing E-mail and chat support
- All meetings and communications are recorded and archived for safety
- When: 1 hour, weekly
4. Finish with a flourish!
- Collect your skills report and portfolio
- Virtual Work Experience Reference
- Enjoy your virtual leaving party!
See the typical Work Programme here.
What your child will learn
- Digital media production, in the context of virtual work projects that represent real-world requirements
- To receive feedback from a virtual “boss” or team leader
- To work effectively and communicate in virtual team meetings
- To use the same tools as are used in the creative design industry to conceptualise, develop and implement projects
- Develop general digital fluency in using tools like Trello, G-Suite and productivity tools
- Skills report that they can share on platforms like LinkedIn, college applications, or to future employers.
- Project-based learning, with a human touch. All students will have human feedback, delivered remotely
- Critical work skills that students don’t get enough of in school: digital skills, productivity tools, plus in-depth skills in creative and technical areas
Creative Design – Virtual Work Experience FAQs
Will studied at the Royal Academy of Music and is one of Fire Tech most long-standing digital music tutors. He's a drummer, composer, and loves teaching young people how to combine technology with music to build sounds, songs, compositions and much more.View Creative Courses >>