Fire Tech Camp was a great experience and the best camp I've ever been to. I think the camp does a great job in combining fun with learning.Emma, 13yr old programmer
Get started in web development by learning HTML and CSS, the building blocks of websites, to create your own slick, responsive web pages.
Get started in web development by learning HTML and CSS, the building blocks of websites, to create your own slick, responsive web pages. This course goes beyond theory and exercises, teaching students how to solve real world challenges and write code as used by professional web developers.
At the end of the course, students are ready to independently continue with front-end web development. With practice they should be able to recreate the front-end of nearly any website or even their own designs. This includes building responsive sites with support for mobile devices.
What students will learn
- Gain a good understanding of HTML and CSS
- Break a professional design into code
- Write original HTML and CSS code required to make a slick design
- Research and implement new elements, properties and selectors
- Have a working 2-3 page website
What will students take home
- All assets required for their projects
- Beautiful and interactive independent website project
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Files for their first website for reference
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 12 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.