"I learnt so much and the course has definitely made me consider studying computer science and coding in the future."Aaniya, Teen student
This camp offers students aged 12+ a chance to learn programming in Java and Python. Students build their own games, building and controlling the environment with code.
Teen Games Building
The Games Building course is designed to get your hands dirty (digitally-speaking) in building your own games with code! We’ll start with Java and you will have a chance to build an original game using Java and the Greenfoot educational tools. Then we’ll take you inside of Minecraft to build a game within a game using a second coding language, Python. In this second module you’ll have a chance to create cheats and tools for Minecraft itself, plus build a game that your in-world characters can play! This is a great way to get a “taster” of two important coding languages, understanding how games are put together and exploring game play and coding environments.
What students will learn
- Java programming basics including object-oriented programming
- Programming fundamentals: loops, spawning characters and interactions
- Sound effects, scoring and publishing to make your game slick and shareable
- Python coding fundamentals: functions, loops, GUI interface
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 12 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.