Fire Tech Camp was a great experience and the best camp I've ever been to. I think the camp does a great job in combining fun with learning.Emma, 13yr old programmer
Get familiar with Python, one of the most widely-used and widely-taught programming languages in senior schools, universities and businesses, and learn to code from the ground up.
Teen Python Club
Students will acquire the foundations of computer science to continue their independent or school-based learning in future. This is a beginners’ course, with a “back-to-basics” approach with the goal for each participant to learn the basics of the Python language and will cover a subset of the material offered in our intensive Teen Coding with Python course. Specialist tutors will introduce programming concepts such as variables, integers and loops, and students will leave feeling empowered to code more independently with Python. This course is a subset of our week-long Teen Coding with Python course and runs for 3hrs during 5 consecutive weeks.
See where is your closest club:
Hills Road Sixth Form from 12.30pm to 3.30pm
On the following Saturdays: Feb 29th – Mar 7th, 14th, 21st, 28th
Clubs don’t run during the half-term break.
Laptop hire is only available in our London clubs.
Pi-top computers and Chrome Books are not suitable for the course.
What students will learn
- Fundamentals of coding – key concepts and structure of languages and projects
- Coding – participants will learn to code in Python, work on mini-projects, building graphical interfaces, games and problem-solving routines.
- Testing and debugging projects
What will students take home
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- USB Stick
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 14 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.