"It is one of the best camps I have been to and I wanted to come back every day."Charlie, Young Minecraft Enthusiast
Get familiar with Python, one of the most widely-used and widely-taught programming languages in senior schools, universities and businesses, and learn to code from the ground up.
Teen Python Club
Students will acquire the foundations of computer science to continue their independent or school-based learning in future. This is a beginners’ course, with a “back-to-basics” approach with the goal for each participant to learn the basics of the Python language and will cover a subset of the material offered in our intensive Teen Coding with Python course. Specialist tutors will introduce programming concepts such as variables, integers and loops, and students will leave feeling empowered to code more independently with Python.
In London the course runs for three hours on Saturdays at 1.00pm at the following locations:
Newcombe House Notting Hill
or Sundays at 1.00pm at the following locations:
Camden School for Girls
In Warrington the course runs for three hours on Saturdays at 10.00am at Beaumont Collegiate Academy
In Cambridge the course runs for three hours on Saturdays at 12.30pm at Hills Road Sixth Form
What students will learn
- Fundamentals of coding – key concepts and structure of languages and projects
- Coding – participants will learn to code in Python, work on mini-projects, building graphical interfaces, games and problem-solving routines.
- Testing and debugging projects
What will students take home
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- USB Stick
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 14 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.