"I learnt so much and the course has definitely made me consider studying computer science and coding in the future."Aaniya, Teen student
Python is one of the most widely-used and widely-taught programming languages in senior schools, universities and businesses. Learn to code from the ground up.
Get an insight into the coding language that powers Instagram, Pinterest, Dropbox and is used by every industry from Avionics to…Zookeeping.
The demand for data scientists is high; companies need individuals who can interpret the vast amounts of data that already exists and is generated daily. It’s been said that after English, Python is quickly becoming the most important language to learn.
In this two day programme, our best and brightest tutors will take students through the basics of programming in Python and introduce them to the concepts of sequence, selection and iteration.
Students will leave with an understanding of what this language can do and have the confidence to take on complex challenges. This will particularly help students who are taking or thinking of taking GCSE Computer Science.
What students will learn
- Fundamentals of coding – key concepts and structure of languages and projects
- Coding – students will learn to code in Python, work on mini-projects, building simple text-based games and problem-solving routines.
- Project Management - Designing, implementing, testing, iterating and debugging their own project
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 14 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.