This is our Junior Robotics course for ages 9-12 and we use block-based coding. Our senior robotics class for ages 12+ uses the Robot C programming language.2017-06-28 10:51:36answered on
Robotics is a rich environment for exploring engineering and programming. Campers work in teams of two to build and programme robots that can sense their environments and respond autonomously.
Robotics with Lego Mindstorms
Lego Mindstorms is a technology-focused environment that introduces students to ‘hands-on-learning’ through the construction of robotic projects that are able to be controlled through the use of a graphical programming interface. Robotics-focused camps are a highly-engaging way in which to introduce or extend students to foundational concepts within coding whilst concurrently learning principles of robotic engineering. Throughout the this camp students will build increasingly complex hardware-software projects to eventually compete against each other in challenges similar to those found within the First Lego World League. This class is sure to light up your child’s passion for tech within a competitive and engaging learning environment.
What students will learn
- Mechanical design and construction fundamentals
- Graphical programming
- Teamwork skills
- Working with moving parts and an introduction to engineering, including the use and calibration of sensors
- Producing a finished competition-ready product
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.