"I'm not a techy person, my mum signed me up. I love that here you combine creativity with technology. I really want to keep learning."Alba, Young Minecraft Enthusiast
A popular course now refreshed with a more powerful app development platform. Students will study content-rich apps which will involve UX design and use of different types of media.
Learn to design applications for all mobile devices. This is one of our most popular courses for 9-12 year olds, now refreshed with a more powerful app development platform. In this course students will primarily focus on making games for mobile technologies using the platform Stencyl. They will also look at content based apps which will involve UX design, the use of media and exporting their apps to view on mobile devices.
Gain experience creating two styles of apps, games and content apps. Publish and share your creations on many platforms. This course is great for creative types just getting started with digital making.
What students will learn
- UX: setting up and designing a user interface
- Wireframing: Paper App
- Building and coding your Mobile Apps with Stencyl and Bubble.is
- Making games that can be published for desktop or as Mobile Apps
- Creating content based Apps
- Testing the application: Break your App
- Publish: That's a Wrap!
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.