"My experience with Fire Tech was amazing, I am so happy that I signed up for it. Now I can code, animate, make video games and make mobile apps!"Kamran, Junior Coder
Get ready to wire up your Minecraft worlds with our Introduction to Redstone! Even if you’re a seasoned Minecraft pro, there’s plenty for you to learn.
From basic traps to lighting systems and powered machines, Redstone offers Minecraft players a whole new range of opportunities to create amazing things.
Redstone is the “electricity” of the Minecraft world and once you’ve mastered the basics, the potential for inventions is almost endless. While immersed in the fun and creative world of Minecraft, students will learn about concepts in electronics, programming and design. The workshop offers a grounded understanding in how building blocks can be used to create more complex objects, as well as the opportunity to solve problems and inspire imaginations through the medium of play!
What students will learn
- Creating simple traps and machines with algorithms and computing concepts
- Create basic and complex circuits with Redstone wire and power supplies
- Using command blocks in combination with Redstone to amplify creations
- Test creations with others on a multiplayer server
- Enhanced understanding of STEM fields such as coding, game design and computational thinking
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- Original worlds that they create themselves
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.