"Fire Tech Camp has helped me find my mistakes and learn from them, and pushed me higher with my creativity showing me the sky is NOT the limit! I will definitely come back for another camp!"Rebecca, Age 11
With the pocket-size computer, students can invent and create, starting with a visual programming language. Students will get an inside look into the science behind everyday gadgets.
With the pocket-size computer, students can invent and create, starting with a visual programming language. Students will get an inside look into the science behind everyday gadgets. As common devices like your car GPS and your fridge become smarter, inventors of the future will need to understand how to connect both hardware and software. Students will learn how to use electronic components such as microprocessors, motors, switches and LEDs to create individually designed projects such as keyboard instruments, temperature sensors or just about anything else they are able to imagine.
We are in Abingdon School Sports Centre for 5 sessions on Saturdays from 10am to 12 Noon for the below dates
15th June, 22nd June, 29th June, 6th July, 13th July
What students will learn
- Exercise creativity and resourcefulness
- Learn how to download programs and move them to the micro:bit file to run on the micro:bit
- Use the design thinking process to develop an understanding for a problem or user need
- To build and program an alarm system using multiple inputs and outputs
- Practice teamwork and collaborate to navigate through problems
- Reflect on and review the process, the product and that of their peers
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- New Skills
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.