Students can explore their creativity whilst learning engineering fundamentals. They will design challenges, complete mazes and even make their Ozobots dance!
Master of Ozobots
Students will apply their creative skills to master Ozobot Bit functionalities. Over the course of five sessions, they will design challenges, complete mazes and even makes their Ozobots dance! Starting from line-following and coding simple manoeuvres with colour markers, students will progress to programming the Ozobot directly in the OzoBlockly coding language.
We are in Abingdon School Sports Centre for 5 sessions on Sundays from 10am to 12 Noon for the below dates:
27th April, 4th May, 11th May, 18th May, 8th June
And for 5 sessions on Sundays from 10am to 12 Noon & 1pm to 3pm for the below dates:
16th June, 23rd June, 30th June, 7th July, 14th July
A laptop or a tablet will be required for the club, thank you for bringing your own device. A laptop rental from us can be arranged for an additional fee.
What students will learn
- Understand basic robotics concepts
- Understand sensors and inputs
- Demonstrate logical reasoning skills & basic computing concepts
- Computer science concepts: visual coding, logic, loops
- Sequencing information
- Maths concepts such as randomness, variables, probabilities
- Basic programming skills on Ozoblockly
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- New Skills
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 7 and 12 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.