"Fire Tech Camp has helped me find my mistakes and learn from them, and pushed me higher with my creativity showing me the sky is NOT the limit! I will definitely come back for another camp!"Rebecca, Age 11
Students can explore their creativity whilst learning engineering fundamentals. They will design challenges, complete mazes and even make their Ozobots dance!
Master of Ozobots
Students will apply their creative skills to master Ozobot Bit functionalities. Over the course of five sessions, they will design challenges, complete mazes and even makes their Ozobots dance! Starting from line-following and coding simple manoeuvres with colour markers, students will progress to programming the Ozobot directly in the OzoBlockly coding language.
We are in Abingdon School Greening Court for 5 sessions on Sundays from 1pm to 3pm for the below dates:
15th Sept, 22nd Sept, 29th Sept, 6th Oct, 13th Oct
And for 5 sessions on Sundays from 1pm to 3pm for the below dates:
10th Nov, 17th Nov, 24th Nov, 1st Dec, 8th Dec
We are in North Oxfordshire Community Centre for 5 sessions on Saturdays from 10am to 12 noon for the below dates:
21 Sept, 28 Sept, 5 Oct, 12 Oct, 19 Oct
And for 5 sessions on Saturdays from 10am to 12 noon for the below dates:
9 Nov, 16 Nov, 23 Nov, 30 Nov, 7 Dec
A laptop or a tablet will be required for the club, thank you for bringing your own device. A laptop rental from us can be arranged for an additional fee.
What students will learn
- Understand basic robotics concepts
- Understand sensors and inputs
- Demonstrate logical reasoning skills & basic computing concepts
- Computer science concepts: visual coding, logic, loops
- Sequencing information
- Maths concepts such as randomness, variables, probabilities
- Basic programming skills on Ozoblockly
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- New Skills
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 7 and 12 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.