"Fire Tech Camp has helped me find my mistakes and learn from them, and pushed me higher with my creativity showing me the sky is NOT the limit! I will definitely come back for another camp!"Rebecca, Age 11
NEW! Explore the basics of computer programming and program design by building some amazing projects each day!
Junior Scratch Coder – After School
For online courses: these require you to have a capable computer to work on and a broadband internet connection. Most PC/Mac computers from the last 5 years will be fine but you can view our recommended detailed system requirements here. For on campus courses: laptops are provided for all junior courses, as well as Music, Unity, Creative Design & YouTube senior courses. Laptop rental is available for all other senior courses (£50 extra).
_Pick your start date
Junior Scratch Coder - After Schoolreset
In this course picker times will be displayed in timezone chosen above but all times shown elsewhere will reflect the UK Times these events take place.
Learn the fundamentals of programming
Start coding from Day One and learn how to share and collaborate on projects. We believe that the skills to work with others are just as important as the technical aspects of programming.
Create multiple game types
Design and control sprites and apply automations. You can make multiple levels and apply your own scoreboard. Customise your game. The only limits are your imagination!
With the help of our expert Scratch tutors, create something new or expand on a previous project and share it with the world! Whether you're new to programming or want to enhance your skills, this is the perfect choice.
Developed by MIT, Scratch is one of the go-to languages for learning computer programming.
Its block based interface is intuitive and easy to use. In this exciting and creative course, we explore the basics of computer programming as well as program design by building some amazing projects each day.
Every student will get hands on with coding from Day One and learn how to share and collaborate on projects with their peers. We believe that the skills to communicate and work with others are just as important as the technical aspects of programming and that’s how great apps and computer programs are made.
- + Learn the fundamentals of programming with Scratch, with program flow, inputs and outputs
- + Build a maze and racing game, using sprite interaction, control and automation
- + Create a complex platformer with multiple levels, power ups and a scoreboard
- + Create a virtual character with camera interactions, text and audio
- + Get creative – make something new and original, or expand on a previous project, and share it with the world!
This course is perfect for those who are looking for a new creative outlet, starting out on their coding journey or those who want to take their Scratch skills to the next level.
As this course is designed for younger learners, parents are welcome to join the sessions too, to help with focus and any minor technical issues.
What your child will learn
- Learn about program flow, inputs and outputs, sprites, animations and variables
- Mastery of sprite interaction, control and automation
- How to make a platformer with multiple levels with players lives and continually updating scoreboard
- Create a virtual character with camera interactions, text and audio interactions, and learn about arrays
- How to share and collaborate on projects with peers, which is as important as the technical aspects of programming