"I'm not a techy person, my mum signed me up. I love that here you combine creativity with technology. I really want to keep learning."Alba, Young Minecraft Enthusiast
Learn, design and experiment with code! Gain knowledge in coding fundamentals and then rapidly progress to using that knowledge with confidence.
Junior Python Coding – Week Long
For online courses: these require you to have a capable computer to work on and a broadband internet connection. Most PC/Mac computers from the last 5 years will be fine but you can view our recommended detailed system requirements here. For on campus courses: laptops are provided for all junior courses, as well as Music, Unity, Creative Design & YouTube senior courses. Laptop rental is available for all other senior courses (£50 extra).
_Pick your start date
Junior Python Coding - Week Longreset
In this course picker times will be displayed in timezone chosen above but all times shown elsewhere will reflect the UK Times these events take place.
Learn world-changing skills
This beginner’s course gives bright young minds a head-start on one of the world’s most in-demand programming languages.
Who is this course for
This is the perfect beginner's course for kids who have already worked on block coding and are ready to move into Python. Using EduBlocks students start with a Python themed block based environment and move on to text based Python programming over the course of the programme.
Fun learning environment
Learn what code can do for you. Let your new Python skills be the beginning of a world of problem-solving and creativity. Our code-along tutors will support you every step of the way.
On this course, kids aged 9 to 12 will be introduced to Python, the programming language that tech behemoths like Instagram, Pinterest and Spotify are all built on.
Led by our code-loving instructors, kids will be taught key programming concepts and how to apply them in exciting ways. Use Python to create video games and as a general purpose tool to solve maths and other problems. Discover the role of Python in the multi-billion-dollar tech industry, while learning the skills they need to build their own projects at home.
Challenging, interactive and lots of fun, this course does more than just teach the fundamentals. It unlocks the world of programming for young people – and sparks the interest that makes them want to keep on exploring it.
And, if they want to keep building their knowledge later, our Teen Python courses are perfect: Teen Coding with Python. Or if they would rather develop their Video Games further then a course such as Coding Games with Java would be perfect.
|How much did you enjoy your course? Score: 4.6/5|
|How would you compare your experience at Fire Tech to school? Score: 4.2/5|
|How likely are you to create with technology for fun, using the skills you learned? Score: 4.1/5|
Source: Post-course feedback, 100 ratings, Aug 2020 – June 2021
What your child will learn
- Start learning Python using EduBlocks. Edublocks is a block based environment designed with the specific aim of easing the transition from block based environments to text based Python programming.
- Create interactive artwork using the Turtle, Processing and PygameZero libraries you will explore how to create visual patterns, animations and video games with Python.
- Learn to program whilst making video games. The course builds over the sessions to introduce various key programming concepts, whilst also providing the tools needed to create 2D Video Games.
- Key programming concepts that can be applied to most coding languages.
- How to use Python, an in-demand, syntax-based programming language, to create their own projects.
- The soft skills and confidence they need to create, reiterate and problem solve with their new friends.
- How to use Python to manipulate images and create 2D video games.
Typical daily schedule
Lesson and finish