"Fire Tech Camp has helped me find my mistakes and learn from them, and pushed me higher with my creativity showing me the sky is NOT the limit! I will definitely come back for another camp!"Rebecca, Age 11
Junior Python – Week Long
NEW! Learn, design and experiment with code! Gain knowledge in coding fundamentals and then rapidly proceed to using that knowledge with confidence.
Learn world-changing skills
This beginner’s course gives bright young minds a head-start on one of the world’s most in-demand programming languages.
Who this course is for
This is the perfect beginner's course for kids who have already worked on block coding and are ready to move into Python. Using EduBlocks students start with a Python themed block based environment and move on to text based Python programming over the course of the programme.
Fun learning environment
Learn what code can do for you. Let your new Python skills be the beginning of a world of problem-solving and creativity. Our code-along tutors will support you every step of the way.
What is the tutor:student ratio?
We are committed to maximising the support students receive from tutors on our courses. That means a maximum of 8 students per tutor on all of our courses.
On this course, kids aged 9 to 12 will be introduced to Python, the programming language that tech behemoths like Instagram, Pinterest and Spotify are all built on.
Led by our code-loving instructors, kids and teens will be taught key programming concepts and how to apply them in exciting ways. Use Python to create video games and as a general purpose tool to solve maths and other problems. Discover the role of Python in the multi-billion-dollar tech industry, while learning the skills they need to build their own projects at home.
Challenging, interactive and lots of fun, this course does more than just teach the fundamentals. It unlocks the world of programming for young people – and sparks the interest that makes them want to keep on exploring it.
And, if they want to keep building their knowledge, our Teen Python courses are perfect: Teen Coding with Python. Or if they would rather develop their Video Games further then a course such as Coding Games with Java would be perfect.
What your child will learn
- Start learning Python using EduBlocks. Edublocks is a block based environment designed with the specific aim of easing the transition from block based environments to text based Python programming.
- Create interactive artwork using the Turtle, Processing and PygameZero libraries you will explore how to create visual patterns, animations and video games with Python.
- Learn to program whilst making video games. The course builds over the sessions to introduce various key programming concepts, whilst also providing the tools needed to create 2D Video Games.
- Key programming concepts that can be applied to most coding languages.
- How to use Python, an in-demand, syntax-based programming language, to create their own projects.
- The soft skills and confidence they need to create, reiterate and problem solve with their new friends.
- How to use Python to manipulate images and create 2D video games.
Typical daily schedule
Lesson and finish
Junior Python – Week Long FAQs
Leszek studies Electronic and Information Engineering at Imperial College London and teaches our coding courses. He loves using his STEM skills to bring people together and recently created an Imperial college fantasy football app that connects 200 players together.View Coding Courses >>