“I’ve always wanted to create an #APP that did restaurant reviews. And I finally got the chance to do it. It was so exciting. Maybe one day I’ll compete with Uber Eats”Memann, Junior Coder
Created for students who want to know how things work. You’ll design, engineer, and code useful everyday objects like smart meters and alarm systems.
Jump-start your child’s engineering journey!
In this brand new course, students will get an inside look into the science behind every day gadgets. As common devices like your car GPS and fridge become smarter, engineers of the future will need to understand how to connect both hardware and software. Students will leave with the confidence and curiosity to create projects that interact with the world around them.
Subject specialists teach you how to use electronic components such as microprocessors, motors, switches and LED’s to create individually designed projects such as keyboard instruments, temperature sensors or just about anything else they are able to imagine.
What students will learn
- Elementary electronic knowledge & theory
- Basic programming
- Experience in using physical computing hardware
- Teamwork skills
- Problem solving and mathematical skills
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals such as simulating physical systems.
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.