"Fire Tech Camp has helped me find my mistakes and learn from them, and pushed me higher with my creativity showing me the sky is NOT the limit! I will definitely come back for another camp!"Rebecca, Age 11
Created for students who want to know how things work. Design, engineer, and code useful everyday objects.
Junior Engineer (2 Day)
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a topic that’s attracted lots of attention over the past few years. The ability to connect everyday objects to the internet, from your fridge to your door locks, promises us the opportunity to improve our day-to-day lives. At the heart of these systems are computer chips that can be programmed directly.
In the Fire Tech maker-space, your budding engineers will go under the hood of everyday objects, learning how to trigger events and moving on to build more challenging projects like temperature sensors and music players and even their own creations, harnessing the power of the IoT to connect us to our things and change our environments.
What students will learn
- Elementary electronics knowledge & theory
- Basic programming
- Experience in using physical computing hardware
- Teamwork skills
- Problem solving and mathematical skills
- Design, write and debug programs that accomplish specific goals such as simulating physical systems.
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.