"I'm not a techy person, my mum signed me up. I love that here you combine creativity with technology. I really want to keep learning."Alba, Young Minecraft Enthusiast
Our introduction to coding fundamentals. Junior Coder provides an experience for youngsters who want to try out many types of tech.
Junior Coder (3 day)
Being comfortable with and adapting quickly to new technologies are two key life skills for the 21st century.
In this introductory programme, specialist tutors will take you through an immersive technological experience and develop your interest for all things tech!
Day one will cover building a mobile phone application. On day two, students will create video games and the last day will be spent iterating and evolving one of these projects.
What students will learn
- Design, create and share a mobile app
- Learn about graphical block-based coding
- Play and make games using Tynker
- Delve into individual interests while designing and creating a specialist project on the last day of camp
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 10 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.