“I’ve always wanted to create an #APP that did restaurant reviews. And I finally got the chance to do it. It was so exciting. Maybe one day I’ll compete with Uber Eats”Memann, Junior Coder
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and our concerns for customer and staff safety, we have only limited availability of in-person camps. If there is not camp available in your area, we recommend our online courses, now available worldwide. Students can make new friends, complete creative tech challenges and learn from live tutors in small groups – all from the comfort of their homes.
Our introduction to coding fundamentals. Junior Coder provides an experience for youngsters who want to try out many types of tech.
Being comfortable with and adapting quickly to new technologies are two key life skills for the 21st century.
In this introductory programme, specialist tutors will take you through an immersive technological experience and develop your interest for all things tech!
Day one will cover building a mobile phone application. On day two, students will create video games and the last day will be spent iterating and evolving one of these projects.
What students will learn
- Design, create and share a mobile app
- Learn about graphical block-based coding
- Play and make games using Tynker
- Delve into individual interests while designing and creating a specialist project on the last day of camp
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 10 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.