"My experience with Fire Tech was amazing, I am so happy that I signed up for it. Now I can code, animate, make video games and make mobile apps!"Kamran, Junior Coder
Due to COVID-19 restrictions and our concerns for customer and staff safety, we have only limited availability of in-person camps. If there is not camp available in your area, we recommend our online courses, now available worldwide. Students can make new friends, complete creative tech challenges and learn from live tutors in small groups – all from the comfort of their homes.
Our introduction to coding fundamentals. Junior Coder provides an experience for youngsters who want to try out many types of tech.
Being comfortable with and adapting quickly to new technologies are two key life skills for the 21st century.
In this introductory programme, our tech-savvy tutors will take students through an immersive technological experience and develop their interest for all things tech!
The junior coding course allows students to access a variety of different programming environments to solve everyday problems. On day one students will programme robots to interact with the world around them and on day two, students will move away from the physical world and learn to create animations in different environments.
What students will learn
- Learn about control and sensors while programming the mini robot, the Ozobot
- Become a digital artist, creating characters, gifs and animations
- Delve into your own unique interests while designing and creating your own specialist project during the last part of the camp
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 10 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.