"I'm not a techy person, my mum signed me up. I love that here you combine creativity with technology. I really want to keep learning."Alba, Young Minecraft Enthusiast
Students learn how to create immersive environments so they can build what’s in their brains.
Junior Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality (AR/VR) (2 day)
AR (Augmented Reality) and VR (Virtual Reality) are two of the hottest, most cutting-edge technologies in the world right now. Computers (and mobile phones) are finally becoming powerful enough to provide us with experiences which were once only the preserve of science fiction.
Enter the Fire Tech laboratory where expert tutors will introduce students to the ideas that underpin the concepts of AR/VR and teach them to build interactive Augmented Reality experiences and an entertaining VR environment. We are constantly surprised by what our students create!
What students will learn
- Develop deeper design skills within digital environments
- Independently create and code character and environmental interactions within digitally created virtual environments
- Understand basic concepts and technology tools needed to create Augmented and Virtual experiences
- Dynamic problem-solving and project management skills
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 9 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.