"I had so much fun and learned a lot about technology"Jaisen, Young Rapid Prototyper
Through making games students are introduced to object-oriented programming, and a behaviour-based logic system – applying behaviours and attributions, testing, debugging and fine-tuning products.
Game Design Club
This course provides students with tools and framework to create their own video games to play on the web or on a smartphone. They will put their gaming experience and imagination into action and build their own original game they can show family and friends. All abilities are welcome.
We are in Abingdon School Sports Centre for 5 sessions on Sundays from 10am to 12 Noon and 1pm to 3pm for the below dates
28th April, 5th May, 12th May, 19th May, 9th June
What students will learn
- Telling A Story: storyboarding and structuring your game
- Platform Basics: using the Construct 2 environment
- Graphics: graphic design and animation basics for your characters
- Control: applying behaviours and attributes to characters
- Testing: testing, de-bugging, perfecting your program
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- New Skills
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 7 and 12 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.