"All the staff were amazing and really helpful. This course really boosted my confidence with computers and video game design. It was really fun and I made a lot of friends I'll be sorry to say goodbye to. Writing the coding was even more fun than playing the games."Christina, Age 10
Through making games students are introduced to object-oriented programming, and a behaviour-based logic system – applying behaviours and attributions, testing, debugging and fine-tuning products.
Game Design Club
This course provides students with tools and framework to create their own video games to play on the web or on a smartphone. They will put their gaming experience and imagination into action and build their own original game they can show family and friends. All abilities are welcome.
Abingdon School Greening Court on Saturdays
On the following Saturdays from 1.30pm to 3.30pm: 11 Jan, 18 Jan, 25 Jan ,1 Feb, 8 Feb br>
On the following Saturdays from 1.30pm to 3.30pm: 29 Feb, 7 Mar, 14 Mar, 21 Mar, 28 Mar br>
A laptop will be required for the club, thank you for bringing your own device. A laptop rental from us can be arranged for an additional fee.
Mac laptops are not suitable for this club.
What students will learn
- Telling A Story: storyboarding and structuring your game
- Platform Basics: using the Construct 2 environment
- Graphics: graphic design and animation basics for your characters
- Control: applying behaviours and attributes to characters
- Testing: testing, de-bugging, perfecting your program
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
- New Skills
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 7 and 12 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.