"Fire Tech was a place where I learned things I had never known before taking the course, and where I made many friends who shared the same interest as me."Iona, Teen photographer
Learn how to take stunning photos and build a photography portfolio that you can share with friends and family!
Digital Photography and Photoshop
Gain the technical skills to master all the settings and techniques to capture the shots you want with a DSLR camera. You'll learn what settings to use in different situations to make your photos dramatic and professional.
Use pro software and techniques
Learn how to use Lightroom and Photoshop, the tools used by industry professionals to create magazine covers and movie posters at companies like Vogue and Disney. You'll go beyond applying filters and learn about layers, masks, blending modes and many other tools.
Take your best shot
Develop your eye for photos. Improve your photo lighting, composition, and editing to produce photos you'll be proud to share. Showcase you best work in an online portfolio you can keep.
Across five days, campers will learn all the key functions of a modern DSLR (digital) camera and how to use it to create great images worthy of framing and putting on your wall. Suitable for ages 12+.
We start with the DSLR cameras and teach you all about the functions and controls. We provide cameras or you can bring your own. We’ll go through the basics of composition and shooting – lighting, exposure, depth of field, and framing to really get to grips will all the possibilities of your camera and set up.
Next, we work with Adobe® Lightroom and Photoshop to organise, process, edit and retouch photos. We’ll even show you how to create special effects with exciting photo projects! Finally, learn to export and publish your work to showcase online. Walk away with a professional-quality photography portfolio!
This Digital Photography and Editing with PhotoShop course will give you a strong base and get your creative juices flowing.
What your child will learn
- How to get the most from your camera and improve your photos
- Understand how your camera works, what are its capabilities and limitations
- Learn about exposure and how to control it
- Learn how to solve common problems and shoot in difficult situations
- Learn how to use composition and lighting to turn a nice shot into a great shot
- Organise photos and process raw files with Adobe Lightroom
- Use the powerful editing software Adobe Photoshop - including creating special effects
- Publish your best work in an online gallery to showcase your portfolio