"This week has brightened up my holiday. The tutors are fantastic and the quality of the course is amazing. I made loads of friends."Oscar, Young Games Maker
Creating for YouTube – Week-long
Become a YouTube influencer
Learn to create eye-catching content with this creative course. Become a YouTube influencer with original content and master YouTube’s professional tools. The sky’s the limit!
What you learn
In this action-packed course, teens learn the basics of content creation, including video production, storyboarding, filming and editing so that they can start populating their YouTube channel with their bright ideas.
Who this course is for
This course is perfect for young people with a passion that they want to share with the world! They will go from consumers to creators and learn technical skills along the way that will open up new worlds of creativity and entrepreneurship.
Creative + Tech
This class focuses on the creativity around content creation but combines that with a fascinating look under the bonnet at the tech that makes YouTubers successful.
My child is under 13 can they still join the YouTube course?
Share your passion through YouTube, whether it’s sketching, photography or reviews. Our specialist tutors will show you how to create unique content for your YouTube channel and teach you how to create stories that drive engagement and boost your following.
You will storyboard, script, film yourself or your screen, discover the YouTube video editing tools and work to publish eye-catching content.
By the end of the course, students will have their own YouTube channel with original content and the tools to keep creating!
(Please note for students wishing to make a Gaming channel, time spent filming themselves playing games will be kept to a minimum to avoid distraction from the key learning outcomes of the course, and they will also be required to create other content).
This is an online learning course taught live by an expert tutor who is fully DBS-checked. You will join a small group of other young learners online, working together and making lots of progress in fun and interactive sessions. All sessions are monitored and recorded for safety.
PLEASE NOTE: This course requires you to have a PC/Mac computer with these minimum requirements
- Apple: macOS 10.15 Catalina, macOS 10.14 Mojave, or 10.13 High Sierra
- Windows: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit), Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
- Processor: 4th Generation Intel® Core™ Processors or AMD equivalent.
- RAM: 4GB (8 GB Recommended)
- Graphics card:
- NVIDIA GeForce 600 (Kepler) series (2012)
- AMD Radeon R5 240 (2013)
- Intel HD Graphics 5000 (GT3) (2013)
- Video memory 1 GB minimum (2GB or more required for 4K UHD.)
This course is also available in part-time formats.
What your child will learn
- Students create content rather than simply consume it
- How to develop an online presence to help influence their impact on social networks
- Develop a range of soft skills including presenting, planning, designing and more
- The importance of metadata and how to use it in a practical way