"Fire Tech Camp has helped me find my mistakes and learn from them, and pushed me higher with my creativity showing me the sky is NOT the limit! I will definitely come back for another camp!"Rebecca, Age 11
Learning to develop games in ROBLOX utilises a learners love of the platform to start their journey in programming.
We’ll teach them how to build worlds and also how to code the parts they’ve just created.
Build an Escape Game With ROBLOX – Remote week long part time
Learn to code inside Roblox
Using the Roblox platform, learn how to code using Lua. Lua is a text based language similar to python and is used to enhance your games
Create Puzzles in Roblox
Create an escape room with simple and complex puzzles, build traps for your friends to play and publish the results online
Learn the basics of building inside of the Roblox platform. From parts to models you'll get to experience them all
Learning to develop games in ROBLOX utilises a learners love of the platform to start their programming journey. We help learners imagine and build their very own games. In this short course students will focus on building an escape room.
Roblox provides a whole environment to create and test games. This means you only need one download to start building. Whilst creating the escape room learners will make models and code blocks to move, disappear and float .
Roblox uses Lua text programming which is an easy to use and simply to grasp language very similar to python. Learning the basics in Lua will help learners program in any language. We focus on the concepts more so they become more transferrable.
What your child will learn
- How to build worlds and environments using complex models and structures in ROBLOX
- How to debug and prioritise errors in bodies of code and in game logic
- How to use the toolbox safely and utilise others scripts in their own work
- Altering the player to grow, shrink, speed up using power ups
- Learn transferable computational thinking skills that can be applied to other coding languages
- Learn how to read others code so you can understand what a script does. This is really important as the community supplies a lot of scripting support.