"I had so much fun and learned a lot about technology"Jaisen, Young Rapid Prototyper
Get to grips with one of the world’s most in-demand programming languages in an inspiring, encouraging, all-girl environment on this new course.
#allGirls: Teen Coding with Python
Only 15% of people in tech are women. We want to change that. On this brand-new course for 2019, young women aged 14 to 17 can learn the fundamentals of Python – one of the world’s most in-demand programming languages – in an encouraging, inspiring #allGirls learning environment.
Led by the expert guidance of our tutors, students will learn about variables, integers, floats, strings, loops, file I/Os and data structures as they tackle their own dynamic project, leaving the course with the confidence they need to use Python independently – and unlocking a world of opportunities in technology.
This is a beginner’s course, but it’s perfect for anyone that wants to go back and master the basics – making it a top choice for GCSE or A-Level Computer Science students.
Whether you want to work at Google, create the next Facebook or shape the landscape of artificial intelligence, at Fire Tech the future of tech is at your fingertips.
Girls make up 28% of students at Fire Tech, which is twice the national average – but not high enough. Lots of girls love creating with tech, and we know even more would love it if they had the chance. But, sometimes, teens are concerned they might be the only girl in their class. That’s why we’re offering all-girl classes, usually led by a young, female instructor – so all girls can work, play and be inspired by tech, in an environment that supports and encourages them.
An #allGirls class, so that #allGirls feel welcome.
What students will learn
- The theory and practice behind designing a simple app or video game
- The fundamentals of coding, from key concepts and structure of languages
- How to code in Python, by working on mini-projects, building graphical interfaces, games and problem-solving routines
- Designing, implementing, testing, iterating and debugging their own project
What will students take home
- All assets created in the course of the class
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 14 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.