Fire Tech Camp was a great experience and the best camp I've ever been to. I think the camp does a great job in combining fun with learning.Emma, 13yr old programmer
Get started in 3D Game Development with Unity, the most popular tool among game developers. Students develop 3D characters and environments to create interactive experiences.
3D Game Development with Unity
Unity is a game engine and powerful development platform for creating 3D and 2D games, very popular with students and professionals. It can create games for desktop, mobile devices and even consoles. Unity is the engine behind many popular games such as Crossy Road, Monument Valley and Hearthstone. The software is free to download, and students can continue to use it as a development platform after the course is finished.
Specialist instructors will teach the platform and C# programming language, as they guide students through a mix of left and right brain thinking to construct their games.
Please note that we recommend students to have done our Coding Games with Java course, or Teen Coding with Python course before taking 3D Game Development with Unity, as having programming experience is highly recommended.
What students will learn
- Working in 3D
- Importing and modifying assets
- Moving and animating the player
- Programme with rules and behaviours to create a simple AI
- Camera and lighting control
- Create scoreboard and assign points for actions
- Create a win/fail event to end the game
- Add background music and sound effects
- Add image effects and textures
- Exporting in different formats and publishing online.
In addition to learning to use the Unity development platform itself the course will give students experience with programming logic, game design, 3D modelling, animation techniques and more.
What will students take home
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Fire Tech T-Shirt
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 14 and 17 at start of course
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.