Developing the world’s next Generation of Young Innovators
We are on a mission to inspire young people across the world to become the next generation of confident technologists, creative thinkers and digital leaders of our increasingly tech-enabled future.
HOW WE GOT HERE
In 2013 serial entrepreneur Jill Hodges started Fire Tech when she couldn’t find any courses to satisfy her two tech-enthused kids. Facing a widening skills gap in an increasingly technology based world, Jill wanted to provide a place where kids could get their hands dirty and experiment with a wide range of technology concepts.
The first courses were run over the summer at Imperial College and led by Imperial and Cambridge students who helped contribute to the curriculum. The courses immediately sold out.
Since then, Fire Tech has continued to develop a pedagogy that focuses on project based learning, problem solving and creative skills. We continue to attract tutors with hands-on knowledge of the latest technology in coding, robotics, digital media and design. The students are inspired by the collaborative and creative work environment. Parents love our small class size.
Fire Tech now offers a year round programme that has delivered over 70,000 learning experiences across the UK, Europe, Caribbean, Australia and the Middle East.
Our tech-savvy tutors teach kids skills they aren't learning in school. From Python and Java to artificial intelligence and virtual reality, from digital music production to vlogging/blogging - we offer over 40 courses suitable for everyone from beginners to advanced learners.
HALF-TERM & HOLIDAY COURSES
TERM TIME COURSES
Our students aren't staring at screens all day. The Fire Tech curriculum team works tirelessly to design new and innovative programmes that give students the best possible experience. That means:
- AN INTERACTIVE EXPERIENCE: We give students real-time teaching and support, while using interactive digital tools like video calls, collaborative whiteboards, and screen sharing. What better way to learn about technology than to use it?
- LEARN THROUGH PLAY: kids love our courses because they learn through play. Activities and games are scheduled into the day, and we also include sunshine breaks and movement activities to make sure students do not sit for long periods.
- EXCITING CONVERSATIONS: Kids are naturally curious. We love to prompt conversations that help them understand the world around us and develop critical thinking. We might look at examples of how modern companies use robots or wonder how Pac Man got its shape.
- NEW FRIENDSHIPS: real human connection has been a big part of why kids are enjoy our courses. In between lessons, they might introduce their pets, talk about the posters in their room or just show their colourful personalities.
- A MASTERPIECE TO TAKE HOME: Fire Tech has a project-based pedagogy, meaning everyone graduates from Fire Tech with something tangible that they created to share proudly with family and friends.
Our aim is to ensure that for every five seats sold one child receives a course a place at no cost.
Scholarships - children with financial need can apply for a scholarship to cover 5%-100% of the course fee. These scholarships are funded in part by Fire Tech and with the help of private and corporate sponsors. Apply Here
Sponsored programmes - we partner with government organizations, charities and corporates to develop bespoke learning programmes for specific audiences. Would you like to partner with us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Child Care Vouchers - parents who qualify for the Child Care voucher scheme will be able to choose this as a payment option at checkout.
Fire Tech is backed by Cass Entrepreneurship Fund and Emerge Education and works closely with: