"I had so much fun and learned a lot about technology"Jaisen, Young Rapid Prototyper
This Creating for YouTube course will turn the students from content consumers into content creators. Students will learn video planning, filming, and editing and create their own personal brand on YouTube.
Creating for YouTube - Video and Your Personal Brand
NEW COURSE FOR 2018!
This Creating for YouTube course will turn the students from content consumers into content creators. Students will learn about personal branding, narrative building, video editing including graphics and special effects, and what it means to develop and boost an online presence.
This course is designed for students aged between 13-17 years of age who want to create an online creative presence. In this course, students will learn about key issues including storyboarding, narrative planning, scripting, publishing and social marketing. Online safety and digital citizenship is included in every step of this course. By the end of the course students will have their own YouTube channel with original video content and tools to keep creating! Students will access to lots of extra resources during the course and after it finishes, so they can continue to get creative with video.
What students will learn
- Students create content rather than simply consume it
- They are able to the develop an online presence to help influence their impact on social networks
- Develop a range of soft skills including presenting, planning, designing and more
- Learn about the importance of metadata and how to use it in a practical way
What will students take home
- All assets created in the course of the class
- Certificate with personal tutor feedback
- Develop understanding of how to use social media tools and use them to increase profile visibility
- Fire Tech Camp T-Shirt
- Learn how to plan effective text & video-based blogs
- Use online blogging and vlogging tools to create effective online messaging
Who is this course suitable for?
No prior experience is required but there are some prerequisites for attending this course:
- Must be between age 12 and 17 at start of course
- Must bring own laptop (or rent one from us)
* Outdoor activities dependent on location and weather. ** some software only available as trial. We arrange a discounted rate with the publishers for our campers when possible.